Menu

My high schooler is coming home :)

Dd15 has decided to drop her on campus classes at the semester break. She was only taking two, but having her home full time will simplify my schedule considerably. I think trying brick and mortar school has been a good experience for her but we are both happy with the prospect of her being back home full time.

• Like 18

And...I'm now almost certain I am bringing my 8 year old home as well in January. I really love the Chinese immersion school he is at but he just has not been happy this year.

I know this is the high school board but since I am here and you all are such experienced folks do you have any ideas for helping him keep up his Chinese? We can probably get once a week tutoring but I would like to do more. It is not a language I speak. He's been in the immersion program for two and a half years, he doesn't volunteer much Chinese at home but his teacher assures me he is doing well in class. His 6 year old brother will be staying in the immersion school for now.

• Like 3