Menu

The Dinner Daily

KungFuPanda

Has anyone used this?  I just signed up.  I'm in a food rut and I'm just tired of thinking about it.  Their thing is that they generate a menu and shopping list based upon what's on sale at any any local grocery store you choose.  Upon the recommendation of a friend, I combined this technology with a store that will do your shopping for you and bring the groceries to your car.  The menu savings have already paid for the subscription for the month and the $5 shopping fee at my store, so I'm pumped.  This is the spendy store too.  I can switch it to others and do my own shopping if I want to save more. Chime in if you've tried this and wish me luck.  I'm still in the trial/honeymoon phase of this operation but I'm pretty happy that I don't have to go into the grocery store.

• Like 1

Keep us updated.  I live in an area where SHIPT is just getting going for one store and Walmart doesn't offer any sort of curbside pick up.  We don't have a Target or Aldi either.  Can you add your regular groceries to the list to have them pick up for  you?  Seriously, if Aldi offered a curb side pick up or a SHIPT delivery, I would be SOOO on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Keep us updated.  I live in an area where SHIPT is just getting going for one store and Walmart doesn't offer any sort of curbside pick up.  We don't have a Target or Aldi either.  Can you add your regular groceries to the list to have them pick up for  you?  Seriously, if Aldi offered a curb side pick up or a SHIPT delivery, I would be SOOO on that.

I add everything to the grocer store's list, so I plugged in my regular groceries too.  I don't know if there's a way to import the entire ingredient list to the store's shopping list.  That would be handy, but I don't know how you'd make brand decisions.  

4 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes!

Can you tailor the recipes at all?  Most of the food plans I've looked at tend to include broccoli a lot more often than my family would like, which is never. ?  It's why I gave up looking at those and just do an occasional Blue Apron box.

They look like simple recipes so it would be easy to swap ingredients. They suggest easy sides too. If you don’t like the recipes or sides, you swap them out for something else,  It’s a scroll-down menu and you just click an alternative. The menu is built around sales flyers, so if you choose a different store you get a whole new menu. 

I’m hopeful, but I haven’t tried it yet. I pick my groceries up at 10 a.m. ?

• Like 2