Menu

Easiest way to reserve zested lemon

KungFuPanda

I’ve spent the day processing fresh herbs for winter storage. I made some seasoned salts. I also made herbes salees. It’s an Acadian recipe. It’s French for “tedious tiny mincing for hours and is an effective way to fit an herb garden into a few small jars. 

I’m over the whole process, but I’m staring at two, vulnerable, naked lemons. What say you? Slice and freeze? Bag and shove in the fridge? How can I save them with minimal work?

i need to find a way to tell my family there’s no dinner because I’m tired from processing fancy finishing salts for meals I’m not making them. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They’re already zested and the zest has been used in a Tuscan salt blend. I’m still recovering emotionally from the process. I did manage a packet chili dinner and jiffy corn muffins. Maybe after I drink my tea I’ll make lemonade with them and some bottled lemon juice. Seasider’s 5 o’clock plan has merit, but I leave in an hour for a class and it wouldn’t have time to wear off. I need my wits (and coordination) about me for this class. ?

I still can’t believe I spent the DAY doing this. It’s all I accomplished and now the sun is going to set. ?

• Like 1