Menu

Is it just me? Alexa and Audible

stephanier.1765

I'm handquilting a quilt for my soon-to-be-born grandchild and to help pass the time as I work I listen to audiobooks on Alexa. I also listen at night to help fall asleep. 

All of a sudden Alexa won't play books. I've restarted the modem, I've tried manually getting a book started through the app, and tried googling every which way for help but nothing is fixing it. Is it just me or are Alexa and Audible having a spat and will sort themselves out soon? Please say it isn't just me because don't know how to fix it.

Oh!  Yes.  We started having trouble with Alexa last night.  DS listens to fall asleep, and Fellowship of the Rings will not play.  But another book (What If?, I think) would play just fine.  Both are through Audible.

We thought it was just us.

Have you tried multiple books?

This is frustrating, I hope they sort it out quickly!

I just got out of a help chat with Audible and they told me they are having issues with their cloud replay and that it should be fixed in a couple of hours. Much better them than me.  LOL 

ETA: I've tried several books and I'm still getting nothing. I really do hope they fix this soon because I am going in withdrawals.

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lizzie in Ma said:

Is it just Alexa?  Can you listen with the Audible app on your phone for now?

I could but I hate wrangling ear bud cords while wrangling a quilt in my lap. Knowing me, I'd probably sew the cord to the quilt. It did come back about 7pm.  Thank goodness because listening to the TV while sewing wasn't working out at all. I was only listening to the news but kept finding myself looking at the TV and not my work. Oops.