Menu

Clever Dragons/Always Ice Cream

Janeway

one of my kids really loved it. I think for kids that play a fair amount of video games it would probably seem pretty lame, for kids that don't have much screen exposure it is fun and enticing. You can go in and assign work to do, videos to watch and so forth. Once they have completed those tasks you can provide them game rewards like gold that they use in the gaming activities. There is also an online chat platform where kids can communicate with other children. We never used this feature. My son loved the math, geography and Spanish teaching. My other two kids liked it for a short amount of time and then never touched it again. I would say do a trial first to get a sense of how it works. I think it is one of those things that is fun for a season and then a kid might get tired of it but you can set grade levels. It does get increasingly harder and there seems to be quite a bit of curriculum there, we just barely scratched the surface I am sure. 

• Like 1

We did the free trial and my kids loved it and still ask.  However it ended up being to exxy for us.  My kids do have other video games but they aren’t allowed the social aspect of the internet yet whereas they were on the site and I think that’s what they loved.

i do dislike that there are different sites by gender.  That seems kind of ick.

On 8/7/2018 at 1:13 PM, nixpix5 said:

My other two kids liked it for a short amount of time and then never touched it again. I would say do a trial first to get a sense of how it works. 

This. We did the summer thing and they liked it, I got a "lifetime" membership and they lost interest. Sigh.