Menu

ISO. specific dog rescue groups

sheryl

We have been blessed to have added, at different times, 2 labs in to our family. Both are in doggy heaven and we're looking for another. The first 2 were bought from reputable breeders but I'd like to find a rescue group for this one.

If you have any recs p!ease lmk.

We're looking  for: English pedigree lab - ,female, yellow puppy. Yes, very specific! ☺

Your best bet is probably a breed-specific rescue. I didn't realize that they were out there until we were looking for a labradoodle some months back. Quite a few of the rescues would take your preferences and call you back if they got one.

We ended up with a different breed and a different dog, but we learned a lot looking!

• Like 2

Thanks, Jean.  English vs. Field labs.

English has a square, "boxy" -- shaped head. Gorgeous. Our 1st was English (which we prefer).

Field has more of an elongated--shaped head/snout.

We loved both!  Thanks for the links! I'll check them out!

1 hour ago, sheryl said:

Ok, rub it on! Lol! They are the best!  Are they still teething?

They're done teething, but still chew a lot! Luckily, they've gotten much better about only chewing on things they're supposed to, like toys, instead of furniture and shoes.:happy:

Before we got this pair, we had two other English labs that we adopted from the Humane Society. One was an old guy when we got him, about ten years old, and he lived for a couple more years. Then we adopted one that was a year old and he ended up dying from bone cancer when he was only six.?  It was very sad and even though we have other dogs, we missed having a lab so much.

We decided to get another but couldn't find any at the shelters in our area, so ended up getting our puppies from a breeder - the first time we've ever done that. Our plan was to get one male puppy, but we fell in love with his sister, too, and got both. It has been so much fun watching the two of them grow up together - they are inseparable best friends.❤️

Best of luck to you & I hope you'll be sharing a puppy update with us soon!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing!  You did your part in helping to rehome dogs from shelters and then you went to a breeder.  We started out with a breeder for our first 2 labs.  While we could go that route again, I'd like to see if there is one we can adopt from a shelter or rescue group (to help with the abundance of animals).  But, it's HARD to track one down.  We'll keep looking though.  Our first was the runt of the litter and the second was alpha female. LOL!

• Like 1