Menu

Returning an Amazon package via UPS

Night Elf

I printed out the UPS label and taped it over the original one like it said to do. Hopped in the car and took it to the UPS store yesterday. Then today I found the papers on the dining room table and realized there was a page 2 that was a UPC bar code that was supposed to be put inside the box. Obviously it's too late. Will this affect my refund? They've already processed the refund and it said it will be back on my credit card in 3-5 days. I thought they processed the return when they received the items back. Tell me I'm not going to have a problem. I can't believe I didn't pay attention to that second page!

Also, to reassure you further, even if it gets there and they don't scan it to your account and try to rebill you later for the item, you can prove to them that it was delivered by telling them the UPS tracking number.  Just hang onto the slip from UPS until Amazon emails you to say they received the item.  

42 minutes ago, klmama said:

Also, to reassure you further, even if it gets there and they don't scan it to your account and try to rebill you later for the item, you can prove to them that it was delivered by telling them the UPS tracking number.  Just hang onto the slip from UPS until Amazon emails you to say they received the item.  

Good idea. It's in a safe place.

I forget those a lot, no worries. I even mixed them up once when I was returning a couple of items. Amazon is pretty efficient when customers drop the ball. I only had an issue one time with them saying something didn't arrive and I just told them to check the tracking return label number and they removed it.