Menu

Joy Hakim The Story of Science

I used them with the second book -- I didn't do all the activities -- probably half -- the ones that seemed useful. We enjoyed them and found that they did enrich the material. I pitched my student guides since they were half filled in,  but I have the teacher guide still. Pm me if you're interested -  I'm selling off a ton of homeschool curricula this summer. 

I’m curious about your plan for 9th. Is it all theee books? For science or history or both? Are you adding anything to it? Just wondering. I have Newton at the Center and have wondered if doing all three books in a year might be a good science-based world history at high school level...

I’m still trying to figure it out. I’m thinking all three books just for science. It sounds like the Guides include extra projects/experiments? I’ve only looked at samples online though so it’s hard to tell. I’m going to order the set for Aristotle Leads the Way to look at and then I’ll be able to get a better sense of how to use it. My DD really dislikes science so I’m hoping doing an overview of science from a history standpoint might make it more palatable to her and possibly even inspire some interest that we can work off in 10th-12th grades. 

I got the teacher’s guide and student workbooks when I used the first text (I wished we could have used them all, but I didn’t discover the books until too late and then we had to move on to something else.)

I found them useful for us.  I didn’t do all the projects, but we did a number of them, and it helped to cement the information in my kid’s brains.