Menu

Hi!

Analystmom

It's been years since I've been here! I was part of the original boards back in the early 2000's, but haven't been part of the boards here for a few years. I was previously Onthebrink. 

Over the past few years, I went back to school and graduated last week with my BA in Liberal Studies. My daughter graduated this week with her AA in Music. We both graduated with honors (I'm not surprised she did; I was shocked that I did!). She's moving on to university in the fall to major in geography. I'm starting grad school in the fall in political science with a focus on public law and policy. DD works 2 jobs--one at a performing arts theatre ticket box and also teaching art and music for a place that has classes for young children. I work for a higher education board as an analyst. We're several years' removed from homeschooling but it's still part of my life. At this point, most of my homeschool conversations are with people in higher education who aren't very familiar with the reality of it. 

Anyway, I came back to find some Spanish curriculum I can use this summer for myself, and wandered back in. ?

• Like 6

Welcome back.

I don't know if it will.be intense enough for you but I am slowly learning Spanish using a book for homeschoolers Getting Started With Spanish .  

It was highly recommended here and I have found it easy to use.  I started using it as directed and then once I got to lesson 21 I started reviewing a lesson 20 behind but doing it in reverse...meaning translating from Enlgish back to Spanish.  That helpse solidify it.  

I am also doing 2-4 units/lessons in Duolingo a day.

The 2 don't correlate exactly but seem to be a good compliment to each other.