Menu

So I got an Instant Pot for Mother's Day!

Momto6inIN

Well, actually it's a CrockPot Express Cook Multi Cooker, but it's the same thing, right? I googled "well trained mind instant pot" and didn't come up with any threads like what I was looking for. I know I've seen threads on here discussing how to use them and good websites for recipes and whatnot. Can anybody point me to some websites or blogs or whatever to help me explore what to do with this thing? I'm excited to try it and have heard so many good things about how it will change my life LOL but I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

• Like 1

Are you on facebook. There's a big group there called Instant Pot Community.

Some of the best websites -

Amy and Jacky
This Old Gal
Pressure Cooking Today

Nom Nom Paleo has some good recipes. We don't do paleo but I've found several recipes my family likes. Also Once a Month Meals has a few. I don't pay for a subscription but they have several free recipes. 

You can also check Pinterest but be careful. There are a lot of recipes that don't use the proper amount of liquid. People complain that the recipe didn't work but if they read through it before trying it they'd see that it couldn't work. 

There's a social group but we're really quiet. Even though I'm the group owner I'll be honest and say it isn't the best group to get IP information and recipes. Still, it's a public group and you're welcome to join.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Momto5inIN said:

Well, actually it's a CrockPot Express Cook Multi Cooker, but it's the same thing, right? I googled "well trained mind instant pot" and didn't come up with any threads like what I was looking for. I know I've seen threads on here discussing how to use them and good websites for recipes and whatnot. Can anybody point me to some websites or blogs or whatever to help me explore what to do with this thing? I'm excited to try it and have heard so many good things about how it will change my life LOL but I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

Ok, you have a different brand than the Instant Pot, so, no, it is not the "same thing." :-) It may do some things differently than an Instant Pot, so you'll want to look for recipes for "electric pressure cooker."

18 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Ok, you have a different brand than the Instant Pot, so, no, it is not the "same thing." ? It may do some things differently than an Instant Pot, so you'll want to look for recipes for "electric pressure cooker."

Yes, I didn't notice that. The facebook group is specifically for Instant Pot but as long as you don't mention that your brand is different it's fine. The moderators delete any reference to other brands. I think that's odd but it's not my group.

13 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Ok, you have a different brand than the Instant Pot, so, no, it is not the "same thing." ? It may do some things differently than an Instant Pot, so you'll want to look for recipes for "electric pressure cooker."

The websites Lady Florida linked all say "pressure cooking" somewhere on them, so I think that means I'm safe ?

• Like 1