Menu

Club for Learning Challenges?

Yes, but something is flaky about it. I am a member, and I had to PM an admin because I still can't see it. If you look for the thread asking about OneStep, the club comes up in there. It would probably be a good place to ask to join.

I still can't see the club, so I can't help at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure the board groups are private anyway, because their posts show up on google searches.

You might think about what you need, whether it's anonymity or freedom to vent or emotional support or solutions or what. You can write someone privately, back channel, with a pm, maybe cc in a few other people that you think would be helpful, and there you go, your own private discussion. It won't show up on google search, it won't be connected to your real name like a FB group. It won't be perfectly secure, either, in the sense that someone from the correspondence could take out what you've written and discuss or repost it elsewhere. But in the scheme of things, for privacy, when you want to let your hair down, that's a way.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, domestic_engineer said:

OP here - is there anything for discussing younger kiddos?  or a place to share your journey and experiences as the parent/teacher?

Do you know how to do a google site search? You go to your google bar and put in your terms plus site:welltrainedmind.com  So if we've had threads on what you want to know (3rd grade dyslexic math, whatever), they'll show up. And of course you can always start threads here, on LC. 

I've spent a lot of time doing board searches like that, because I wanted to see how things end up. You get to hear voices from the past, see what they did, and follow them. Like you might like what LoriD wrote about doing math in 3rd grade and you might keep searching for her other posts on math over the years, kwim? 

@PeterPan  oh yes!  Google Searches are my lifeline.  .... and I really treasure your posts through the years!  (thanks!). But I'm looking for a private place to post stuff and ask questions of the hive about my learner.  I want the help of the hive ... without the public aspect.  I don't want my posts subjected to a google site search. *wink*

• Like 1