Menu

As long as they're delivering Tuesday, and are not charging you for an extra delivery, I'd let it go.

You're getting what you want, and only need to wait 5 days for it. Delayed gratification builds character! :)

Well said :001_smile:. I'd be frustrated, too (especially with working so hard anticipating delivery), but they were doing you a favor to try and get it on the same truck. They're willing to deliver it Saturday, but you won't be home. It sounds like they're trying to do a good job, so I'd let it go :001_smile:.

I would let it go, DH would want some free stuff or a discount.

These kinds of things happen to us all the time..I guess we have lots of character flaws to correct. :glare:

When these things happen, I have learned to tell DH I am uncomfortable asking for more, but here is the phone number and the name of the guy to call.

Surprisingly if he calls, he usually ends up getting what he wants. OTH, he very often lets it drop.

Human beings have miscommunications. Yep, stores will often bend over backwards to keep a customer happy....and a person might get some kind of discount, freebie, etc. in your situation. But would it be *right* to make someone "pay" for a simple miscommunication? That's the way I would look at it.

They didn't take anything away from you other than the favor that they were trying to do in the first place (and even still, they did their best on it).

I've gotta say though, that even though my weekends are busy, I'd make the time for new furniture arrival. ;) Very few things would be important enough to keep me from making arrangements to either be there or have someone else be there!