Menu

Right Start Math F and G

ealp2009

I would love to hear from anyone who has used these levels.  We finished E about a month ago and we have only gotten through about 6 lessons in F and I'm just worn out.  Maybe it is spring and the end of the year, but I have just been having my son do Beast Academy a year behind his RS because he can do it independently.  I'm just wondering, Is G more independent?  Is it worth it to do RS F and G?  Maybe I just need a bit of a break, or maybe I need to change curriculum.  If you have done F or G and think it is great, give me some encouragement.  Or maybe you don't think it is worth it.  Until now, we have felt good about RS and I think it has been the right curriculum despite it being teacher intensive.  

Thanks!

I don't have encouraging words for you as we are in the same spot.  It is close to the "end of the year" for us, and I think we all need a break.  I have holding off on starting F until we begin our new year in August.  In the meantime, DD is enjoying doing different math.  I haven't ordered F or G yet as I wanted to look into or hear some reviews first.  We have been happy so far with some hiccups along the way, but overall it has been working for us.

• Thanks 1

We're doing F, we're around lesson 80. I think it's very worthwhile. And quite independent, really. Kids does warmup, I teach one or two things, kid does worksheet.

Right now we're doing adding and subtracting mixed fractions with unlike denominators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We’re near the end of F. It’s been largely independent. I read through the lesson and get her started and then she’s on her own. I spend about 10 minutes on math. 

We tried G but it was so challenging. It’s independent but my daughter really got bogged down in the lessons. They are redoing it and breaking it in to two books. I’m wondering if that will be better. We found G to be overwhelming! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lexi said:

We’re near the end of F. It’s been largely independent. I read through the lesson and get her started and then she’s on her own. I spend about 10 minutes on math. 

We tried G but it was so challenging. It’s independent but my daughter really got bogged down in the lessons. They are redoing it and breaking it in to two books. I’m wondering if that will be better. We found G to be overwhelming! 

We are working through G now. I didn’t use F. She finished MM 6 and will start 7 in the fall and she’s skipping all of their geometry and working through it. It’s definitely challenging. But it is so practical.

• Thanks 1