Menu

2018-19 2nd Grade Planning (part two?)

Slache

I haven't been able to find the other thread since the board updated and I wanted to update and catch up.

Bible: Bible Study Guide For All Ages in the morning, Training Hearts, Teaching Minds in the evenings, Heroes For Young Readers in the book basket.

Language Arts: Reading Lessons Through Literature, IEW Bible Heroes, Super Grammar.

Math: Beast Academy with Ray's Intellectual Arithmetic.

Foreign Language: Elementary Greek, Japanese From Zero.

Fine Arts: Artistic Pursuits, Art of The Day app, Singing Made Easy, piano.

Content Subjects: Interest led.

What about you? Feel free to post the same thing as before, I just wanna see.

Ugh, I keep flopping between Memoria Press and Mater Amabilis  (a Catholic C. Mason program), so I have no idea if the following is the same as what I posted before - it very well could not be!

Lit and Writing: MP Literature mostly 2nd grade, but also Farmer Boy from 3rd

Grammar: FLL 2

Spelling: Spelling Workout C with Spalding phonogram reinforcement (I love the Spalding Method, but I can't keep up with it week to week)

Handwriting: Pentime 2 and 3 - learning cursive 

Math: Math Mammoth Grade 3

History: reading and narrations from Stories of Great Americans for Little Americans (MP) and listening to This Country of Ours (MA)

Science: Rod and Staff's Patterns of Nature (MP) and Nature Study  (MA/CM)

Religion: The Life of Our Lord by Hunt, Faith and Life book 2, saints...? (MA)

Latin: continuing Prima Latina (MP)

Fine arts: continuing piano, a vague plan of composer, artist, and poet studies (MA/CM)

And gymnastics. And hiking and biking.

I kept trying to find the old thread too. I'm still undecided on a few things but we are mostly just moving to the next book for most subjects.

Bible: Finish Picture Smart Bible New Testament and TheOlogy then start Bible Study Guide again

Maths: BA 2A and Primary Mathematics 2A (we already started these)

Language Arts: I really can't decide on this. We are using ELTL 1 right now and I think it is too gentle. Some sort of spelling, some grammar, and some copywork.

Science: Mystery science probably

History: Finish SOTW 1 (we are about half way currently) and start Vol. 2

Latin: Prima Latina

Keep doing piano lessons and hopefully add some physical activity.

I don’t know that  she’ll stay home  for second grade (I really want her to, she really likes school). But if she did, it would be MEP math, skoldo for French and I need to pull something together for Language Arts. I love CAP Fable so maybe that though probably still too early. 

If she stays home we will do all the after school activities so she can see her friends.