Menu

Flylady Support Thread for Thursday, March 22

Night Elf

Hello Flyminds!

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: click here. You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the Baby Steps found here and here.

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal Series found here.

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 4 - Master Bedroom, Bath, Closet (March 18 - 24).

Thursday - Errand Day!

Thursday at FlyLady is Errand Day. We use this day to get out and run whatever errands we need to do for the week. Make a list of wherever you need to go and whatever you need to do during the day today and then get to it. This can include:

• Grocery shopping

• Doctor appointments

• Dentist appointments

• School shopping

• Dropping the clothes off at the cleaner

And tons of other things. If it needs to be done outside the house, today is the day to do it. Make a list of these things and check them off as you do them.

Flylady Mission:This week, we have been tackling clutter in our bedrooms. So, today we are going to clean off the nightstands! Get the tissues, cups and stuff that has piled up, toss and put away. Then grab a feather duster or dust rag and dust the surface. Place a pretty candle or picture there. Something that is new to that spot that you love to see.

Waking up and not seeing a pile of things on the nightstand and a pile of clothes will make your morning a little brighter!

Fly Kids Mission: Hi Kids,

We are taking a walk! Let's take a walk through our houses and find 10 things that belong in our rooms and put them away. If you have left any shoes, jackets, toys or books lying around the house now is the time to return them to their home. When you leave your things around the house it makes the house look messy. Let's grab up the things that belong in our rooms and take them there.

I am willing to bet that Mom or Dad will be so surprised and so proud of you!

Remember: Less stuff to clean and put away means more time to play!

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way!
  • Like 1

I totally dropped the ball yesterday with my zone cleaning. I don't have an excuse. I just didn't feel like cleaning much so I did just what I needed to do and nothing more, and that's alright! So I'm putting the chores down again because I'm doing them today.

Zone Cleaning: Master Bedroom

--Clean cobwebs

--Wash windows and sills

--Sweep behind night stands

Master Bathroom:

--Straighten drawers, toss old stuff

Morning routine:

--Make bed

--Get dressed

--Swish & Swipe

--Start a load of laundry

--Check calendar

--Clean cat area

Afternoon routine

--What's for dinner?

--Drink your water

--Reboot laundry

--Treadmill

Daily:

--Clean laundry room

--Hall bathroom tidy

--Sweep foyer steps and downstairs hall

--Have ds wash his bedding

Extra:

--Volunteer at thrift store

--Chiropractic visit

--Grocery store run

--Take ds to his dr appointment

Dinner: Melty Monterrey Burgers with zucchini fries

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

I need to do some baby steps again! I started yesterday but somehow even the baby steps require some time and effort to accomplish.

I've heard of some people doing one thing at a time until it becomes a habit and then adding in something new. Doing the 31 babysteps in 31 days is a lot for a new person, IMHO. Do what works for you. I started with making my bed and getting dressed. I used to run around in my pj's unless I had somewhere to go. I also didn't see the point of making the bed when we were going to mess it up again later that night. By starting with those two things, I felt like I was accomplishing something new and they made me feel better.

Of course Flylady suggests you start with shining your sink. That didn't thrill me nearly as much as making my bed and getting dressed. :)

• Like 1

Hello everyone! 

Well I have fallen far off the wagon. I now only have 3 children so that is good. However the third child is very scheduled and until a couple of days ago, this made me tired. :(

My successes have been we have been doing blessing hour every week (sans one). My house doesn't look like a bomb it it at the moment. 

My failures... yeah lets not go there. 

Goal for today: 

• Put up baby laundry
  • grade papers
  • lesson plan for next week
  • baby food shop
  • educate YDS

Yeah if I do that I will consider it a good day. :blush: How far I have fallen! :(

Hello everyone! 

Well I have fallen far off the wagon. I now only have 3 children so that is good. However the third child is very scheduled and until a couple of days ago, this made me tired. :(

My successes have been we have been doing blessing hour every week (sans one). My house doesn't look like a bomb it it at the moment. 

My failures... yeah lets not go there. 

Goal for today: 

• Put up baby laundry
  • grade papers
  • lesson plan for next week
  • baby food shop
  • educate YDS

Yeah if I do that I will consider it a good day. :blush: How far I have fallen! :(

Good to see you again! I just put up Friday's support thread. I don't get much done in the mornings I volunteer at the thrift store so I'm late in putting it up.