Menu

Flylady support thread for Wednesday January 31 (Baby Step #31)

3 ladybugs

Hello Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? 

Day 23 -  Set your afternoon routine 

Day 24 - Swish and swipe 

Day 25 - Learn how the routines developed 

Day 26 - look at the bottom of any Flylady email 

Day 27 - What’s for dinner? 

Day 28 - Eat good food, drink your water and get your rest 

Day 29 - Set time to enjoy the weekly pamper sessions 

Day 30 - Check your calendar for next month’s events 

Day 31 - I am so proud of you! - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-30/

Well we have come a long ways. I hope these threads helped you in some way. Keep up the good work!

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, face

• Swish and Swipe your bathroom

• Eat breakfast, drink water, and take meds and vitamins

• Recognize negative voices and change them

• Reboot your laundry

• What’s for dinner?

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you

• Read Your FlyLady Emails as a reward for doing your morning routine.

•  

Afternoon Routine

• Eat lunch and drink your water

• Take a few minutes to relax

• Start Dinner remember the side dishes

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put in a load of laundry

• Check calendar for tomorrow’s dinner! Pull out of freezer.

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Drink your water and take evening medications and supplements

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed; consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/jb3LqjqZ1Eo

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 - Living room (January 28 - 31), Zone 1 - Entrance, Front Porch, Dining room (February 1-4)

Wednesday - Anti-procrastination Day!

Each and every Wednesday is Anti-Procrastination Day for FlyLady. This is a day that we take care of things we’ve been putting off. You can use this day to take care of any procrastinating you’ve done. You can do things like:

• Make doctors appointments

• Finish that report for work

• Work on a project with your child

• Clean the fish tank

You can do whatever you need to take care. This is the day to stop putting things off.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Today is the last day of the Living Room Zone. Your mission for today is to place something pretty in the room that is just for you. I am thinking of some lovely flowers that you can purchase for just a few dollars. Maybe you have a lovely arrangement or plant somewhere in your home that would be just perfect in your freshly decluttered living room!

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): Today it is time to dust! Go ask a parent for a feather duster or whatever they like you to use to dust with and dust your dresser, nightstands and desks. Dusting is a lot like petting a cat or dog.  You just pet the furniture with a feather duster or dust rag. Move from side to side and from front to back.

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 

I will change the day 8 Diane in Denmark video tomorrow. :) Done! 

Happy Girl - I can't imagine having a house with just a wood stove! Brr! I guess you do live in the south though so it isn't as bad as up here in New Jersey. It is 16 degrees right now here! Yikes! 

Today is the last day of the Baby Steps! I hope it was fun and educational for everyone.

Today:

• Breakfast
  • lunch
  • dinner
  • snack
  • laundry wash
  • laundry dry
  • laundry put away (Jeans)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner Instant pot pork stew, Diane in Denmark Rolls
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • prepare for tomorrow
  • shine sink
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (morning)
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • Educate ODS
  • Educate YDS
  • Bug man
Edited by 3 ladybugs

Zone cleaning done

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Dust nightstands and headboard

--My bathroom tidy

--Ds sweep his room

Extra:

--Volunteer at thrift store for 2 hours

Dinner: Apricot chicken, Fingerling potatoes, Green beans, rolls

Edited by Night Elf

I'm glad I didn't have many chores today. I enjoyed my time at the thrift store today but left feeling tired and a little overwhelmed. I had lunch with my dd and then went to two grocery stores hunting down rolls and sodas. Now I'm home and I have nothing to do until time to prepare dinner. I really need DH to help me with that tonight so I'm going to prep a little late tonight so it's all ready to cook when he walks in the door.

I hope y'all have had a good day.

I did fairly well today. Need to get dinner started soon. I realized today that I should go to Costco tomorrow. I am planning on going grocery shopping Friday, but some items that are frozen might be better to get at Costco so I am going to try. I have been missing Pacific Northwest seafood recently. I grew up out there so it is about time I miss it. LOL 

I also looked at my older son's attendance record (we don't have to keep track of days for this state) and realized that just my teaching isn't 180 days. However when I add in all the days of German school suddenly he looks way ahead. Maybe I should count those! However typically ODS is educated 7 days a week as DH does Science and History with him on the weekends. I am glad I don't have to count days. They would never believe me! 

Hello Fly Friends!  I did my Baby Step Day 9 of de-cluttering with a 5 Minute Room Rescue.  It took place in my office again.  That is the place I stick things when company is coming to get them out of the way and out of sight.  It also goes there if I just don't have anywhere to put it at the moment.  But hopefully that will be changing soon.  So I have 2 bags ready to go to the FISH as donations when I think the flu has died down enough to be safe. 

3 Ladybugs - I was born in NJ.  Long Branch to be exact.  My brother was born in Red Bank. 

I was running behind all day because I had to do end of month and end of year paperwork.  I was off $10 on one paper and it took me 3 hours to find it!

There's only one room in my house that needs decluttering and that's the storage room. Neither DH nor I feel up to tackling that anytime soon so we decided that would be a Spring project. I can stop thinking about it for right now.

My dining room table is a hot spot, but it's unavoidable. I do what I can to keep it clean but there are bags of Legos that need to go to the attic and my tools to continue bagging Legos. 

I wish I was as happy as Diane in Denmark appears to be. She's been doing this a long time and she's still decluttering things! I figure once I've decluttered, I'm done, but I guess more stuff continues coming into the house. I declutter my closet once a season really. I take out things I haven't worn in a long time that I know I'll probably never wear again. We recently did that and took it to the thrift store. THEN we organized the closet and found more clothing on the shelves hidden under other stuff. So I now have a new bag of clothes to donate. Good grief! I'm also going to ask my dd when she comes home from college to take a look at her closet and get rid of things she doesn't want anymore. We did a thorough job a year ago in her room but I know she's got stuff she thought she'd wear that she hasn't worn. She needs to decide if she's ever going to wear them again.

Happy Girl - I am in central NJ but not by the shore. Ironically, my children were not born here. I had my triplets at a major teaching hospital and was terrified after that of having another NICU baby (ODS was one) so I gave birth in the same hospital for both of them. However I would bet money on my daughter (I foster so I am waiting on a placement and hope to adopt) will be born here in New Jersey. :)

Good for you for having a donation bags ready. I have one in my van myself. However sadly it isn't my donation to speak. The last placement came with a ton of clothes and a lot too small. So I went through it and am donating the stuff I wouldn't use. 

Beth - Few people are as happy as Diane in Denmark. Denmark is one of the happiest places on earth right? Maybe you just need more candles or focus on the Hygge! ;)

Well I had a conversation with my mom about Flylady. She said it sounds difficult. I said that the hardest part she already has done. My mom NEVER has clutter in her home. She says she hides it, but honestly she really has very little clutter (unless I come to visit then I have clutter that I bring with me.  :lol: ). So I said to her that it is all about routines and that it isn't very hard if you go about it slowly. I doubt she will change anything for a while. She really just wants to move.