Menu

the bellevue mosque

gardenmom5

that was torched last year - is burning.      :cursing:

how terrible is it to wish it's bored teens this time setting fire to an already fire damaged and vacant building?   (last time it was a guy who was mentally ill - and hung around to watch the firemen.)

I drove past it this afternoon before the fire started.   dh considered the perp/s very brazen to start a fire during the day.

the building is still empty - they were just getting to the point to finally submit plans for how to rebuild.

That is infuriating. And not particularly uncommon :(

the first time it was a guy with a long history of mental illness and property damage to multiple places.

I was wondering if he's been released.  for how fast it spread this time, there had to be a accelerant..  there are two gas stations very close by - including one practically across the street.

reportedly, the homeless mentally ill pyromaniac guy was released from jail last week . . . . not sure it's accurate considering he wasn't sentenced until sept.   if so, he'll probably be the first person they talk to. ...

the good news is, the building was empty.  they are in a temporary place elsewhere, so they haven't been displaced.   they were getting close to submitting their reconstruction plans for building permits. I hope it doesn't impact their rebuilding schedule.

• Like 1