Menu

Essentials in Literature Reviews??

Jess4879

We are using it this year for 7th. My DS has used EIW for two years, so we thought we’d try it. We’ve both liked it. Previously, we had done a mish-mash of reading various things, so I just really wanted something that would cover the different terms, styles, poems, short stories, etc. My DS doesn’t really like watching the short video because he claims it’s the same as just reading the page in the book, but that’s been our only ‘problem’.

I like that it covers everything I wanted and is structured, which is what we really needed this past year.

I usually discuss and go over the information/reading selection with him at the end of the week. I also read the novel along with him so we could have discussion. So far, so good! :)

• Like 1

We are using it this year for 7th. My DS has used EIW for two years, so we thought we’d try it. We’ve both liked it. Previously, we had done a mish-mash of reading various things, so I just really wanted something that would cover the different terms, styles, poems, short stories, etc. My DS doesn’t really like watching the short video because he claims it’s the same as just reading the page in the book, but that’s been our only ‘problem’.

I like that it covers everything I wanted and is structured, which is what we really needed this past year.

I usually discuss and go over the information/reading selection with him at the end of the week. I also read the novel along with him so we could have discussion. So far, so good! :)

This is good to know, as I have one child who will prefer the video and one who would much rather read the book.  

• Like 1

This is good to know, as I have one child who will prefer the video and one who would much rather read the book.

I think watching the video adds a bit more explanation than just reading the page, but I also think it’s very doable by just reading the day’s lesson/assignment.

• Like 1