Menu

My cats have possibly cornered something...

How do I investigate "something"...  

1. 1. How do I investigate "something"...

• Be a big girl... pull out the drawers, poke around, find the creature and remove it.
    • Peek carefully under the shelves, then wake up dh, who has to leave for work at 5:30 am.
    • Go back to bed and pretend nothing is there at all. La di da!
    • Other?

It's 5 in the morning, dark, and they are stalking around in front of the bookshelves and drawers behind me, peeping in any smally space and scratching. Mouse? Lizard? Worse??? What do I do?

Edit: I keep on turning around, because I'm afraid it's going to make a break for it right over my feet. And they I'll scream and probably have a heart attack. OK, I think I'm going back to bed.

Edited by Kay in Cal

Usually by morning they will have "played" with it too roughly and killed it, and will make it a present somewhere in the house where you frequently walk with bare feet.

My boyfriend's cat caught three mice in his house last weekend--he lives in between corn and bean fields, and it's time to make their yearly "migration" to warmer places. They were all placed very carefully in front of the dryer, where you can step on them as soon as you come in the door, and Bubba (the cat, not the boyfriend) was sitting beside them, proudly recalling the battle...:001_smile: