Menu

Audible/Kindle with a recently released book

mamaraby

In the past, I have purchased either the Audible version or the Kindle version of a book and then been able to buy the other one at a reduced price. I wanted to do that with one tonight, but there is no option to do so and so I’m wondering if that’s because the book is relatively new (it came out in December) and I just need to wait it out or if there are other factors at play.

Dh prefers the audiobook so I got it with my Audible credit for him, but I’ll never get to the book if I have to listen it and I want the ebook, but I’m not paying $14.99 for the ebook version of the audiobook I already own. *grumble, grumble*

Can you borrow the Kindle book from the library?

(Sorry, I'm no real help.)

It’s on OverDrive, but it’s going to take me too long to finish the book and the waiting list is long enough that buying it makes sense. Good idea, otherwise.

I was just surprised that they didn’t offer it when they have on other books. Audible’s given reason is basically, “Sorry. We add new ones all the time.â€

I think usually you have to purchase the Kindle book first and then receive a possible discount on the Audible book. You will know in advance by clicking on the Kindle summary page on Amazon. There is a little blurb where it talks about “whispersync for voice.†I always know if there is a discount in advance, it’s never a surprise.

I'm just learning about all this stuff to release a book.

It's up to the author/publisher. It may be because the book is new - they may discount at a later date, so waiting might pay off, but it's not guaranteed.

It’s book 5 of a 7 book series and books 1-4 offer the discount so I wonder what the odds are of them switching this mid-stream.

I appreciate your perspective. :)