Menu

The I Can't Wait to Get on the Road Again Teachers Lounge 3-13-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Okay, well, actually, I CAN wait but that's how it felt last week through this past weekend!

Two trips to the Renaissance Festival for their school days (cheaper entry, reduced prices on shopping, etc) - an hour drive each way. :driving: THEN a 3 day conference that literally went ALL day, all 3 days! And Sunday night, after I returned home, the family and I went out for pie to celebrate my birthday! Yesterday, I was exhausted but it was SO, SO , SO worth every minute, all of it! And last night, I met some of my writer friends for dinner.

Good morning and welcome to the Lounge! Hope you all are doing fabulously today!

How was your weekend and what did you do? Here: see above. PLUS, for a short time on Saturday, went with a friend to the Aloha Festival. Yep, it was a BUSY weekend! 

What's coming in the mail for you? Here: My MFW order, which should have arrived Saturday, arrived yesterday, at about 7:30pm, when I was out to dinner with friends. We will peruse it this week and dive in next week. Plus, I received a notice yesterday that a book I had pre-ordered has shipped!  :hurray: 

What's on the schedule today? Here: I've already accomplished reading some Scripture, paying a bill, going to two grocery stores, filling up my car with gas, and cooking breakfast. Even played a short online game in there somewhere. Still have left to do: schooling with kids, prepping lunch and dinner, going over snack business plan with ds13, going to Costco with kids: dd19 has eye exam and we're all getting our passport pictures taken. DH and I might meet friends for dinner. Haven't decided yet. It's a big group so not a huge deal if we miss.

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Good afternoon, Scrap!

Happy belated, birthday! Yesterday was my dd's birthday! If no one has ever figured out my name on here, it's my kids' birthdays. 

The weekend was great! I worked at the Greenville, SC, convention in the IEW booth. Sunday was spent at church and seeing dd off from her spring break. 

I am not expecting anything in the mail this week, but I will later this month. I have some IEW bucks to spend! Our co-op might be using one of the high school programs, and we have our planning meeting on Friday. I'll know after that and can place my order. 

Today's schedule includes tutoring students in geometry, school with ds. going to the bank, helping get a chair to a person setting up their new home, and bible study group tonight.

• Like 1

Hi Scrap! Just now seeing this. We are Spring Breaking this week.

Last weekend I mostly worked at a consignment sale. Worth the work to shop early and get nice kids' clothes for very little money.

Waiting for our next Netflix dvd in the mail.

Today I relaxed with my kids, ran two quick errands, worked on scout stuff, and made some round food for Pi day tomorrow. Quiche and pumpkin pie.

• Like 1