Menu

Do you have stuffed animals, as a adult?

DawnM

I have one from The Vermont Teddy Bear co. Its sits on my dresser. I never named it nor do I play with it. Dh got it for me when we went on a trip to vt and stopped at the Teddy Bear Factory there. More sentimental than anything else.

Be weird with us! 

I mentioned getting rid of some of mine in a post above. It's possible that, before doing so, I explained to them that it was time to move on and make someone else happy  :o

Search "donate used stuffed animals" and you may find a local place that accepts them. Our fire department takes them. Of course, they need to be gently used, not about to fall apart, but even ones showing a bit of wear can often be made like new with a proper cleaning and fluffing in the dryer. 

Failing that, offer them on Facebook or let him have a 'free' garage sale. We often get rid of items by putting them out front with a "free" sign on them. He could do the same, he'll just need a table to set them on. 

What great ideas!  Thank you.

I have a little Snuggle (like the fabric softener) bear that is on loan to me from my little brother. It has been on loan for 30+ years. He went to camp with me and kept me from being totally homesick when I was there & in college. He still lives on my bed (or on the floor because he doesn't get much attention anymore). He has a name (given by an older brother to little brother's bear), but not a personality other than just being extremely loveable.

The dog has been a fixture on the bed ever since. When dh is out of town for work, I put the dog on dh's pillow, kind of like he's guarding me, but mostly to take up some of the space dh leaves behind. 

I think this is sweet. When DH is on nights, I sometimes grab ahold of a paw of my little bear.

• Like 2