Menu

Dodge Journey?

MedicMom

Since I crashed my beloved Chrysler Aspen, I’ve been looking around. I got my pre-authorization letter from my bank, who is willing to lend me a lot more than I’m willing to spend on a vehicle. I had my eye on one older Town and Country minivan, but the mileage is too high for the bank to loan money on it, and DH would rather get something newer that isn’t going to require a whole lot of maintenance right now. He has a truck that is older and over 200,000 miles that he just rebuilt the transmission for and doesn’t want another high mileage vehicle.

All that said, a newer model(2017) Dodge Journey is within my price range and will easily fit my three small children. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles, like DVD entertainment systems and leather seats that I prefer, but it will work just fine for us. I want to stay under $17,000, need third row seating but tight is okay(my kids are young and small for their ages), and want reasonable gas mileage(so no huge SUVs).

I hated the one I drove...too many blind spots. Non intuitive controls, etc. It was a rental, and I don't know what year it was. That may make a difference. But definitely drive one first. I do know people that love them, but I hated that thing. 

My husband has one, and he likes it. I have driven it a few times and didn't notice any blind spots, so maybe it's the year?

It definitely could be, this one was one I drove maybe a year ago? And it was a rental so not brand new. 

Also, I'm only 5'1 so may be fine for taller people? The rear window seemed tiny. 

We drove a rental on vacation. It did not fit our luggage. We brought one full size suitcase. It did not fit in the back; we had to fold down one of the back seats to make a spot for it. Other than that, it wasn't bad. My dh tends to tire and get sore easily while driving and he did not struggle with the huge amount of driving on our trip.

We drove a rental on vacation. It did not fit our luggage. We brought one full size suitcase. It did not fit in the back; we had to fold down one of the back seats to make a spot for it. Other than that, it wasn't bad. My dh tends to tire and get sore easily while driving and he did not struggle with the huge amount of driving on our trip.