Menu

Never mind sorted

kiwik

What would be a reasonable response  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What is the normal response

• What is it to you, Followed by an accusation of being nosy.
    • No we just got home
    • Too busy to talk
    • Hi did you have a good break

Hi

Deflect would have been fine.  I am happy to admit my question was unusual perhaps but I am a bit aspergery and it was not an offensive comment as such.  I think his response was way rude and while i am happy to apologise if I upset him I expect him to admit it was  over reaction or agree to disagree- his drive is off our shared drive so we are talking about 2 steps.  

Actually no it doesn't seem like an odd question to me -it seems polite and friendly but I would not have been at all upset if he deflected and I would not have asked again.  And his response makes me wonder if he is losing his marbles.

Edited by kiwik

I'm definitely autistic and it strikes me as a bit of a weird conversation starter with somebody you haven't seen in a while. And as a general policy, I never, ever answer any question unless I know why it was asked. So the answer you'd get would probably be some variation of "Why?"

I think perhaps we are a bit more casual in NZ generally because we generally tell the neighbours when we go away so they can grab the mail - i don't do it for them though the people closest do. Anyway I decided that since I had obviously upset him i might as well apologise and try and make peace which worked.

If i was that rude to someone though i would be the one doing the apologising.