Menu

I found the difference between Pepperplate and Plan to Eat!

ktgrok

I think, anyway!

Plan to Eat has a bookmark extension thingy, so I don't have to go to the Plan to Eat website to add a recipe. If I'm browsing and see one I like I just click on my bookmarks bar, and there is an "add to PTE" thing and I click it and it automatically saves to Plan to Eat. From what I see, to add a recipe to Pepperplate I have to copy and paste the URL. Is that right?

I think, anyway!

Plan to Eat has a bookmark extension thingy, so I don't have to go to the Plan to Eat website to add a recipe. If I'm browsing and see one I like I just click on my bookmarks bar, and there is an "add to PTE" thing and I click it and it automatically saves to Plan to Eat. From what I see, to add a recipe to Pepperplate I have to copy and paste the URL. Is that right?

Oh I use that all the time. It makes saving a recipe so easy. I played around with Pepperplate but it didn't thrill me.

I ended up getting Paprika for my PC plus the app (not free) and have been gradually moving my recipes to it. What I really want is something I'll always have and don't have to keep renewing in order to access my recipes. I was going to use OneNote but Paprika does what I want it to do. 

I was about to respond back and tell you you were right - I've never used the bookmark and had no idea it existed, but I double-checked first and apparently, Pepperplate has one, too.

http://www.pepperplate.com/bookmarklet.aspx 

Maybe the difference is how many sites can be imported? Sometimes when I find a recipe on a blog or on one of my Keto sites I paste in the URL and Pepperplate tells me it can't be imported and then I have to do it manually.

I was about to respond back and tell you you were right - I've never used the bookmark and had no idea it existed, but I double-checked first and apparently, Pepperplate has one, too.

http://www.pepperplate.com/bookmarklet.aspx 

Maybe the difference is how many sites can be imported? Sometimes when I find a recipe on a blog or on one of my Keto sites I paste in the URL and Pepperplate tells me it can't be imported and then I have to do it manually.

Maybe! I have never had plan to eat not at least partially import the recipe. Unlike pepper plate's (which I just found), it shows you in a small window the recipe after you import it, so you can edit it before saving. If it can't find all the parts it will fill in what it can, and then you can copy and paste the rest and hit save. So yeah, a bit more user friendly, but if I couldn't afford plan to eat or just didn't want to pay for it, I'd try pepper plate. 

I certainly wouldn't pay full price for plan to eat. Half price sale works for me. 

OK , looking more at Pepperplate, I see that when meal planning you have to type in the recipe you want, and it pops up (it will auto populate if you partially type it). With Plan to Eat I have a sidebar with a list of all my recipes, that I can sort by course, ingredients, etc, plus a list of freezer meals, and I can scroll through and then drag and drop. So I can kind of search for inspiration as I plan. I definitely like that better. 

No more buyer's remorse, lol!

Edited to add a screenshot. I can use that top left area to filter what recipes I want to look at, or scroll through them in the bottom part of the sidebar. 

27164501_10155451943188666_5349843783486

Edited by ktgrok