Menu

Does one need tickets to be IN Times Square for NYE?

Ginevra

Not that I have the most remote inclination to ever do that. I’m just curious because I told someone this, but then I wondered if I was actually correct. I know one needs tickets to do any of the parties or to be in a hotel or whatever, but if one could just walk into TS, (say they live nearby), are there tickets to even enter the TS area? It is my belief that there are tickets even to just walk into the area, but I’m not sure where I got that belief.

No. The Annual New Year’s Eve celebration is a free event open to everyone on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are no public viewing spaces available for sale. However, to get the best view, arrive early in the afternoon. Some private parties are held in many of the restaurants and hotels in Times Square and tickets are required in advance.

The above taken from this website:

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/times-square-new-years-eve/nye-faq

• Like 1

No. The Annual New Year’s Eve celebration is a free event open to everyone on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are no public viewing spaces available for sale. However, to get the best view, arrive early in the afternoon. Some private parties are held in many of the restaurants and hotels in Times Square and tickets are required in advance.

The above taken from this website:

https://www.timessquarenyc.org/times-square-new-years-eve/nye-faq

Interesting. I will have to correct what I said.

No but you need a good bladder. My mom went to NYC on NYE and she saw people like cattle in little corrals and they couldn't escape. This was in the afternoon. It was awful. This was just what she heard.

I believe that. I remember going to watch a July 4th fireworks show in Baltimore City’s Inner Harbor once. As the crowd collected around me, all I could think about was my slowly-filling bladder. Not worth it.