Menu

Joggers - what do you wear in the winter?

I am not a jogger, but a walker. I wear runners tights under my warm up pants in the winter. We walk unless the wind chill is below zero. They keep my tush toasty. I also splurged on some runner's 2 in 1 mittens and my hands don't get cold. I may have to buy an underarmor shirt for the top. Now, these were not cheap, but it was money well spent! I may get these for dh for Christmas.

When it's rainy or slushy, I wear my leggings under rain pants with a gortex jacket.

When it's dry but cold I usually wear a long sleeve shirt (wicking material) under a jacket (I just can't think of the fabric right now, cloth but not fleece), a toque and gloves.

In the dead of winter, when I've gone running during blizzardy weather, I wear everything :001_smile:, leggings (maybe even with leotards underneath them), waterproof pants, cloth jacket thingy and gortex on top.

And my yak traks. Best investment I made when I started being serious about exercise.

I am usually freezing when I start out but after a few metres I'm warming up.

Down to about 30 degrees, in the dark, I can wear running tights, thick socks, a long sleeve shirt and wind breaker type jacket. Oh and I fleece type baseball hat that has flaps for my ears. Gloves of course!

Less than that and I would add a layer on my legs - sweats? I haven't need a sweatshirt in addition to long sleeves and a wind jacket in more years than I can remember. So either I don't run when I need that many clothes or I just don't need that much. Layers on top is key!

It takes me about a mile to warm up - somewhere around 10 minutes.