Menu

London 2018...

Stratford upon Avon or Stratford, London? Make sure AirBnB knows which you mean! Stratford in London has a theatre too. Have fun!

London... 

Probably will stay in Luton for the first night and then closer in for the remainder of the week.  Late flight into town, so not sure I want a 2 hour drive!!

• Like 1

We went to London last year with our kids. I highly recommend the Premier Inn chain of hotels!! They went above and beyond my expectations. The beds are consistently comfortable and they even guarantee a good nights sleep or your money back. We also loved the hot breakfast buffet (very extensive, something for everyone!). They are situated all over the UK and very affordable. We did one Air BnB while we were there and it ended up being the most expensive night, and the worst nights sleep cause of the awful beds (even though it had good ratings) .... so I'd go with Premier Inn over Air BnB any day!

• Like 1

I recommend Premier Inn as the first choice also. If that doesn’t work out you might want to check Travelodge. We stayed in one ten years ago and vowed never again but friends we travel with on occasion (so we know their expectations) recently had a good experience with a Travelodge that had recently been updated.

Ah, I never even thought to ask on here. We're going early January and booked ourselves an Airbnb (but there are 8 of us - 4 adults and 4 kids, since I somehow convinced my parents to go for a little holiday with us as well). I can let you know how it goes, but chances are you'll want to make other arrangements before then anyway! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing I loved about Premier Inn is that everyone can get their own bed in one room. They sometimes have quad rooms where it's 4 twin beds in a room. Or you can get a queen size and two twins. Much better than sleeping on a sofa bed! Just can't say enough good things about this brand. I was thoroughly impressed with all they offer for the price. The breakfast buffet is extra but it's HUGE! So many options! We did it every day. In a country with less than exciting children's menu options (um... squashed peas, beans and fish sticks), the breakfast buffet helped us out a ton. It included lots of hot food options as well as really good pastries, breads, organic yogurts, fresh fruits, specialty coffee's, juices, fruit smoothies, etc. We also loved Pizza Express for lunches/dinners. Some of them will even have a viewing area for children and give the kids pizza dough to make their own pizza creations while waiting for the food to come out, they also get chef hats and colouring sheets with crayons and stickers. Best gelato I've had was from there, surprisingly enough!

Edited by strawberryjam
  • Like 1