Menu

Update on teen car accident.

Dmmetler

A week later, my 19 yr old mentee seems to have mostly recovered. We did some phone calling and established that if she did a defensive driving class and sent in documentation, that would remove the points from her license and mitigate the insurance impact. That removed a lot of her fear, so she's taking the class this weekend (and is kind of excited because it's at the college :) ).

On the boyfriend, she's decided to cool things off a bit, and focus on getting all those applications, many of which have November deadlines in and finishing the semester.

This is good practice for my own upcoming teen, right?

• Like 11

My husband did a $5 online 1hr driving theory class and passed the quiz and his driving ticket does not show up in our recent car insurance which was months after the ticket. Apparently many people did that because $5 was a lot cheaper than a hike in car insurance for three consecutive years.

ETA:

He took too long to complete a right turn so he was at fault but it was a mild misdemeanor.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 3