Menu

Hatchimals

Elizabeth86

Does your kid have one and do they like it. My 6 year old son is asking for one for Christmas. My dh thinks it looks like it wouldn't be fun for long for him. He described it as you pet it, it hatches and then ds would have a random toy he would never play with. Now thinking back to my childhood, I just know I would have adored one! This ds really doesn't play with toys much and we end up getting things more on tbe practical side for him, but he's only going to be little for a minute longer and if that's what he wants I want to get it even if it isn't the most practical thing ever. Even if the only fun part is the dang thing hatching I'd love to get him one. Sorry that turned into a semi-vent instead of a question. :lol:

DS got one last year when he was 5 and it is really cute.  The whole hatching thing was REALLY cool.  It does interact with you so the eyes will change color to show you how it's feeling - scared, cold, happy, etc.  It was so sweet to see DS dote on his hatchimal.  It also "grows" in stages - so baby, toddler, etc.  It will sing and you can play games with it.  DS doesn't play with it very often now, but it was something he really enjoyed for several months.  

After it hatched, DD friend has touched it maybe once or twice since Christmas. DD played with it at their house and says she doesn't want it anymore.

If you decide to get it, Walmart had them 59 when I was there Saturday.

Also, last year there was a issue with some that a batch didn't work.

Edited by itsheresomewhere

I told my kids no on this one last year. I like to buy things they will play with creatively for a long time. My niece got one and once it hatched (in 20 min) she never looked at it again. It isn't all that fun and isn't even as fun as a Furby which I believe are an equal waste of money.