Menu

Has anyone seen the Moody science videos?

Luanne

We like them, so far. We have 6 of the video's.

I think it *may* depend on what your family is used to as far as viewing material. For example my children *very rarely* watch anything 'animated' so the Moody video's are interesting to them (ages 6 and 3).

Disclaimer: I do not mean that above in a judging manner...I just feel that *my* boys enjoy them because they have not developed an appetite for animation, or more 'fast-paced' viewing. YMMV ;)

Yes, I think they are good. Very imformative, and well done. My boys especially love the ones about weather (storms, tornadoes, etc). I cannot comment on what to use in conjunction though, we just watch them as interest directs.

My boys (11, 8) really like them. My 6 yos is not as interested, but will watch parts.

We just watch them whenever they are interested, and they choose which one they want to watch. They really enjoy the experiments done by the person on the dvd.

Colleen

I have about 20 of them (bought on sale at Vision Forum) and we love them all. They aren't flashy - just the facts - but that's why they are so good. The are definitely not dumbed-down. Just this week my 12 yo is studying amoeba in Apologia science and he wants to go back and watch the video on that subject again. I'm sure he learned something the first time he saw it, but now that he's studying the subject, he will get more out of it this time. My favorite is about blood.