Menu

Game show question about marriage

Night Elf

Proposal  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Did you marry the first guy who proposed to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other, explain if you choose to do so.

Reading these reminds me that DH actually proposed to me twice. Once was in his stocking feet, down on both knees, in my dorm room. The second was once we'd picked out a ring for me, at a "romantic location" picked by him, down on one knee. I did say yes both times. To this day, I think of the first one the most fondly. It was definitely more his (and my) style than #2.

Ha! Me too! I always forget about his second proposal. The first one was *perfect* - very spur of the moment and exquisitely beautiful.  :001_tt1:  The second one was the "traditional" proposal with the ring and flowers and bended knee - that one was for everyone else. lol

No. I was 18, he was 21. It was a love at first sight kind of thing. The second I met him I knew I'd marry him. I don't at all believe in that kind of thing, but there it was and it was undeniable. Apparently it went both ways. He was only here a short time on a visa; he lived on the other side of the world in the land of kangaroos and in the days before email, it took weeks to hear from each other. There was no money for sponsorship or travel; he was a university student and we had no way to get back to each other. The day he left I stupidly went to see Green Card in the theatre; never have I cried so much.

I did marry the next person I dated, although he never actually proposed. We are celebrating 23 years this fall. :)

awww

Long distance relationships are brutal though.  Don't I know it.