Menu

I am going to need some creative, little girl Christmas shopping help.

FaithManor

We will have four checked bags when we go to Egypt, and we will be taking one bag full of homeschool curricula for our D.W.B.friend's children. They cannot get leg is or playmobil there and love the stuff so have an Orion Mission Lego set, playmobil alligators and llamas (favorite animals of the children - boy 6 and girl 3.5), and glow in the dark stars and planets for the boy who wants to make constellations on his bedroom ceiling. I need something fur fur girl fun. J loves legos and dolls/princesses etc.

I was thinking maybe Angelina Ballerina but have no idea if there are any of the dolls and accessories left or just the books. If not that, what else that might be similar but not big or heavy. I thought about Madeleine but I know this little gal well, and she is all pink, princess, tea party etc. oriented when she isn't trying to keep up with her brother's Lego creations.

I have not purchased girl girl stuff in so many years I am out of the loop. Ideas?

My daughter and her friends love Shopkins. I personally think they are stupid but they all love them. They are little play food and other things but with faces. That's as best as I can describe them. 

American girl has some of their dolls available in tiny options, they are very cute. 

Lego has some Disney princess themed sets, and they are for younger girls so have the bigger Legos that might be ok for that age. For example: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Cinderella-s-Enchanted-Evening-41146. My daughter also really likes the Lego Friends series which is aimed at girls. They are the tinier pieces though so might be hard for a 3.5 year old, unless she is used to it from her brother. 

Oooh Polly Pockets! That sounds interesting.

Every kiddo is different, but we got a good 8-10 *years* of play out of them here. We also love Legos (for both boys and girls), and have found that some of the "idea / builders" books are nearly as useful as the actual bricks. (Not light-weight for flying, but - my girls do love the books.)

Example: https://www.amazon.com/365-Things-Do-LEGO-Bricks/dp/1465453024/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1505959860&sr=8-7&keywords=lego+idea+book

• Like 1

I am not that afraid of books. We have a group here that is willing to pay for an overweight bag or if cheaper a fifth checked bag. We would get used but solid suitcase from goodwill, and then leave it there so we did not pay to bring a suitcase back. The hospital gives suitcases away with baby care and first aid items to the Nubian mammas on the west bank who are quite poor. So an empty, abandoned suitcase is not a waste.

How about a Perfect Petzzz animal?

Also look at the Lego Juniors line. My daughter could handle them at that age so she could play with her older brother who loved Lego. They are the same size of Lego so completely interchangeable, but simpler builds. And the house suitcase we had had extra Lego for building anything you wanted along with the house itself.

Also at this age, my daughter was interested in all things Pet Patrol

They have these adorable frilly pet pal purses with stuffed animals inside

Princess Sofia is a Disney show for the younger set

For baby dolls, the Corelle Callin is nicely weighted and sized

Edited by vonfirmath