Menu

how long did you wait in line to vote?

How long did you stand in line to vote?  

1. 1. How long did you stand in line to vote?

• 0-15 minutes
    • 15-30 minutes
    • 30-60 minutes
    • 1-2 hours
    • over 2 hours
    • I voted absentee or early

No wait at all. This was at 12:30 but its a small community with several voting precincts.

There was a gentleman in handcuff talking to two police officers in front of the building though. Seems he caused a bit of a ruckus. As I walked by one of the officers was telling him that if he had something he felt he needed to say that was not the place to do it.

Edited by akmommy
to add time.

This was my first time voting in a rural area. We have 5 precincts for the county. I walked right in.

I voted electronically in the last two elections and before that with those chits that you punch. When they handed me a ballot and an ink pen I was at a loss. I actually didn't know anyone voted (on election day) using a pen and paper. I guess it is like an absentee ballot.

I'm sure everyone was laughing as I left. But everyone was very nice and helpful. They gave the kids candy while they were waiting. I was the 235th voter at 11:30.

I live in a small city, and it's always been a ballot & an ink pen with those horrid ovals to colour in, like a bubble test. I also hate the fact that the booths are open. Before I moved to the states & became a citizen I voted in booths enclosed by curtains. THAT was private.