Menu

Streaming Great Courses

We do, but I use it for self-education primarily.  For my 17 yo, I pick specific lectures because she doesn't like the format. It's been helpful explaining some math concepts. She's also completed a lecture series on different cultures around the world. This summer, we're working through Listening and Understanding Great Music. It is a lecture format. Works wonderfully well for me, but not so well for my daughter.  I was one of the beta testers and will be renewing this fall. So far, I don't think they've added a course I wouldn't enjoy.

Edited to add I believe there's still a free trial period available.

We have the free trial month currently. My daughter is watching an art history and a music appreciation course. I'll let her decide at the end of the trial whether to keep the subscription. I think you would need to use at least 3-4 courses over a year to justify the expense (at least, according to my value system). I can see it being very useful if you have more than one HS student+ using it.

• Like 1

They had a special for a free month, then 50% off the next two months until the end of August.  I signed up then.  

For the kids, I'm thinking about using (along with other resources):

How to Draw

The Other Side of History: Daily Life in the Ancient World

Learning Spanish

30 Masterpieces of the Ancient World

How to Be a Superstar Student

Mastering the Fundamentals of Mathematics

For dd, who wants to play guitar: Learn to Play Guitar

She also wants to study marine biology so: Underwater Life and Exploration

For ds, who just finished a udemy course on Python: How to Program: Computer Science Concepts and Python Exercises

For me:

Great Utopian and Dystopian Works of Literature (I miss going to school)

Essentials of Tai Chi and Qigong

• Like 1