Menu

Wednesday Flylady support thread...

3 ladybugs

Good morning Flyminds!     ;)

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it. 

Please join in on the fun!

FYI Flylady Diane (Diane in Denmark on You Tube) is going to start the baby steps again. She is also on Instantgram. 

I was exhausted last night... then my oldest woke my youngest (who wouldn't go back to sleep) at about 5 this morning. So yeah, I may need coffee today. Today's goals:

• Finish my power hour (blessing hour)
  • Clean horizontal surfaces in my bathroom
  • Do 1 load of laundry
  • Clean the tub/shower
  • Finish grocery shopping
  • Work on a project I need for this weekend
  • Get prep list figured out for cooking day tomorrow. Have DH cut veggies for me tonight.
  • Figure out tonight's dinner

Woo Hoo! I got supplies for my bathroom yesterday! Even found baby wipes on sale at Aldi! Though they were out of toilet brushes... there must have been a run on them! So at least I got that daily thing done!

Anyone else hate bar soap? I have some in a bathroom and I can clean that sink twice a day and it still looks messy! Yuck!

So how is everyone else?

• Like 1

Good morning 

I left out some dirty dishes in the sink last night, so had to deal with those this morning. I've handled most of my morning stuff. As for today's Daily Focus - Anti-Procrastination. Goodness, what do I NOT procrastinate on? I feel like I could use 30 straight days of anti-procrastination to get caught up, so just trying to focus on getting a few things knocked off my list today, and I'll probably work on more tomorrow (Thursday is not my errand day). Here's a partial list with their estimated time to complete:

• glue back on floor guide for closet bypass doors - 10 minutes
  • finish patching holes that my kids have put in the walls (they need a quick sand and hopefully final pass of spackle - 15 minutes
  • put up new 3M hooks for reading tent lights - 10 minutes
  • open kids clothes I ordered over tax-free weekend and decide what to keep and what to return - 30 minutes
  • check to see if I have tile/grout sealer and applicator tool, order if I don't - 5 minutes I have it! And I know where it is!
  • use tile/grout sealer on kids' shower - 30 minutes
  • wash shower curtain for downstairs bathroom - 10 minutes (active time)
  • cut new full-size shower curtain liner down to size for downstairs bathroom, switch out liners - 20 minutes
  • clean Roomba, figure out if any filters/other parts need to be replaced, order - 45 minutes Ordered a refresh kit of brushes and filters.

Some of these stray into home maintenance rather than cleaning, but some of them will help the house feel cleaner and others will make it easier to keep the house clean. 

Today's zone mission of checking on bathroom supplies should be pretty quick ... more time to handle my anti-procrastination things. 

And yes, bar soap drives me crazy! Right now we only have soap on pumps, but when the new bathroom is done, I really like using a Dove bar in the shower, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it to keep the shower shelf from being a mess. 

Edited by JIN MOUSA
  • Like 1

I don't have any problems with bar soap. Are you storing it on a soap dish that has ridges or holes so the soap can dry between uses? Otherwise it gets slimy and a lot of soap comes off, but if it is dry and firm, it just lathers when used.

I only once had prbolems with bar soap when I had selected a hand crafted soap that smelled divine but was black. Never again.

• Like 1

I don't have any problems with bar soap. Are you storing it on a soap dish that has ridges or holes so the soap can dry between uses? Otherwise it gets slimy and a lot of soap comes off, but if it is dry and firm, it just lathers when used.

I only once had prbolems with bar soap when I had selected a hand crafted soap that smelled divine but was black. Never again.

Is it like a two part dish, or where does the water drain to? 

Really, I shouldn't be so flummoxed by soap, but here we are ...  :lol:

• Like 1

Is it like a two part dish, or where does the water drain to? 

Really, I shouldn't be so flummoxed by soap, but here we are ...  :lol:

There are two part dishes, but also simple one part where the soap rests on ridges, and the water collects in the bottom of the dish and has to be poured out occasionally.

• Like 2

Anyone else hate bar soap? I have some in a bathroom and I can clean that sink twice a day and it still looks messy! Yuck!

I hate bar soap with a passion.  I find it gross for so many reasons.  We only use liquid soap here.

I'm dressed, breakfast is made and everyone is fed, and Cameron is dropped off to baby-sit for a friend.

I'm working in the kitchen this week.  I'm organizing drawers today.  Including the junk drawer.  Why is it we put everything in there and rarely can find anything in it when we need it, and usually just later throw most of the stuff we stuck in there away?

I also have to sweep and mop the stairs.  I always do the stairs on Wednesday (sweep every week, mop once a month).

And, as always, lesson planning.

Checking in. Rescheduled my plumbing visit, so I have more time to clean. My other visit isn't gonna happen this month so I'm not feeling very inspired to clean tbh. 

I did get the entryway completely done yesterday And the dining room halfway. Since I'm not in such a rush I think I'm going to slow down and go back to sorting out things for Goodwill. And doing a full deep clean of each area. 

I need to get some doormats if I can this week. I realized a LOT of grit and stuff is getting tracked in the doors. I think a mat inside the back door and one both inside and outside the front door should help a LOT. 

JIN - I thought it was only I that had to cut shower curtains to fit! LOL 

The soap was resting on my sink. The kids get it and it gets soft QUICK. We have a height issue in that bathroom. So I need to figure out where I can put a liquid container. 

• Finish my power hour (blessing hour)
  • Clean horizontal surfaces in my bathroom
  • Do 1 load of laundry
  • Clean the tub/shower
  • Finish grocery shopping
  • Work on a project I need for this weekend Will put on snaps tomorrow then it will be done
  • Get prep list figured out for cooking day tomorrow. Have DH cut veggies for me tonight.
  • Figure out tonight's dinner
Edited by 3 ladybugs
  • Like 1

The soap was resting on my sink. The kids get it and it gets soft QUICK. 

Oh yes - if it sist in a puddle all day, that's yucky. Get a soap dish with ridges to putthe soap on - nothing fancy, $1 from walmart will solve the problem

Edited by regentrude