Menu

Writing an address

Night Elf

Dd has moved back to college and her dorm address is supposed to have her dorm hall name in it. I'm buying something online to send to her. Can I put her dorm hall name in the "company" blank? Will that be between her name and her street address?

Yes.

• Like 2

Frequently, online order forms have 2 or 3 lines for the Shipping Address and you can put the name of the Dorm on one of those lines. Give them as much information as you can.  I run into this when ordering things that are sent to us via our Receiver/Forwarder in Miami. I have an Account Number there, which tells them who the package that arrived is for, without them tearing their hair out,  that I include and they have a "Suite" number in their Shipping Address that I include.  I also include the ZIP +9 or whatever it is called, although at the moment, from the order that is in transit via UPS Ground at the moment, I"m not positive what the last digit is, because the Seller changed it from what I put in to what is apparently in their system.  

Unfortunately the address blanks did not have two lines for the street address. It had name, company name, street name, apartment number, city, state, zip. 

I put her dorm hall name and room number in the company blank and the printed address looks like the one suggested on the housing site, so I should be good.