Menu

DVD Based Personal Finance??

Hello, I'm looking for a DVD/video based Personal Finance course.  If it is a textbook based course with DVD's or videos to accompany that is good, too.

We are secular but if there is a really great course with some general religious content that is OK.

Thank you,

Sandra

Yep, Dave Ramsey. Just finished his high school curric with my son this summer, and the lessons seem to have sunk in. Even though I've been quoting Dave for years; I guess Dave has better delivery than me. :laugh:     He actually makes a potentially boring topic quite entertaining with his anecdotes. DS is preparing and using a budget now for 3 months in a row.

There is occasional general Christian content (references to specific Bible verses, tithing/giving, etc.), but we're secular homeschoolers and there was nothing that gave me pause.

Edited by TarynB
  • Like 1

Dave Ramsey offers finance courses with video content for middle and high school. See daveramsey.com

Yes, and he has a course targeted to college students now too. There are supplemental (and quite useful) books available to go with the videos, at least for the high school and college versions. I haven't looked at the middle school version.

Edited by TarynB

To offer a dissenting opinion, we were very disppointed in the Dave Ramsey high school course. We could not get over the way he belittled and humiliated people in order to show himself as the all knowing financial guru. This is now how we treat people.and it was quite grating. We found his black and white advice misleading as we're many of his figures. We only finished it because we needed that box checked. I apologized to me kids for falling for the hype and not doing a better job in researching the product.

With dd, I plan to use materials from the Fed. Still working out that plan.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1