Menu

Accredited Online English Courses

My oldest is no longer homeschooled, but because of the unique curriculum path he took prior to high school and the willingness and flexibility of his current private school, we are in the position of searching for an online English course for him to take. The only catch is that the course must be accredited. Does anyone have a recommendation? He is open to lit or composition. It just needs to fulfill an English credit and be accredited. He typically does well in his English courses and likes a challenge, but he is going to be taking 3 AP courses and a college course this year, so an easy class that doesn't push him too hard would be ok too;).

Does it matter who accredits it?

OnlineG3 has accredited classes. You'd probably want to choose a "grade eligible" one. Some are full. (Note: We've never used OnlineG3 before. Some reviews I have read indicate they are on the easier side.)

True the courses DD took for middle school were not rigorous but they were also not UC approved. This was a few years ago before onlineg3 began obtaining UC approval. I'm interested in their high school literature course, but I think I'm being swayed by the UC cert and maybe the fact that it may not be that rigorous; we need an easier course this year.

• Like 1

Anyone else have experience with an accredited program that they would recommend?

JHU CTY has accredited English classes.  My son took Crafting the Essay.  It was an ok experience.  I don't think it is the best product on the market, but it is accredited, while the ones I would recommend otherwise, aren't. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

JHU CTY has accredited English classes. My son took Crafting the Essay. It was an ok experience. I don't think it is the best product on the market, but it is accredited, while the ones I would recommend otherwise, aren't.

Good luck!

Thanks! I agree, the programs that I really wish he could take and feel he'd get something out of, aren't accredited.