Menu

What are you looking forward to this school year?

Would you be willing to share with me? I'm doing something with AG and still looking for ideas/suggestions. Particularly with josefina and melody.

I'm absolutely willing to share, but I'm packing for an out of town wedding this weekend. I'll type it up and post next week when I'm back with my computer. (Feel free to PM me and remind me if I forget.)

• Like 1

I am looking forward to being more relaxed and loose in my planning. I think I finally feel comfortable semi-winging it! It is liberating and a little bit scary. I am giving myself permission to work our way through our history resources without a firm written schedule (which we never followed for long, anyway). I think we will briefly cover ancients and then spend most of the year on the middle ages - using Great Courses, documentaries, books, and FIELD TRIPS now that we live in Europe. When we're really interested in something, we will slow down and dig deep.

I got the book Project-Based Homeschooling and I am looking forward to some quiet time today to read through it and take notes.

Oh, I'm also looking forward to doing French with the kids. The plan is to have a tutor for an hour or two a week, and work independently the rest of the week. I took a short intensive French course this month so I have a grasp on French 1, and will be able to help the kids between tutoring sessions.

It will be my final year, too.

I'm looking forward to reading some great books with my 17yo and enjoying him as an almost-adult. He's definitely not a little boy anymore!

I'm looking forward to my 18yo starting at the CC and working! I am cautiously hopeful that it will go well.

I'm looking forward to heading to Quebec (can't figure out the accent) with my 24yo in September for some mother-daughter fun. She's my museum/history buddy.

I'm looking forward to our first holiday season since my 26yo got married....at least, I am keeping a positive attitude and hoping that it all works out lol!