Menu

Delivery Pizza: Tips & Delivery Charges

In fact we usually order it and then go pick it up anyway.

YEARS ago when my brother delivered pizza, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, he said what was usual was the rest of the dollar. Or actually the rest of the dollar plus the next one. So if the pizza was $5.20, the tip would be $1.80. (It was about 15 years ago when brother delivered pizza.)

I tip based on the cost of the pizza, aiming for 15%. I figure the delivery guy is my waiter ;). I tip more on really hot/humid or blustery/freezing days since they have to go out in the weather, not me.

That's what we do -- we tip 15%. 20% if we've called them out in bad weather or on a very busy day (like Superbowl Sunday).

My hubby delivered pizzas for Dominos for three years, in addition to his full-time day job, when we had two small children and very little money! So if he sees an older man or woman delivering pizzas, he's been known to tip as much as $5 for a pizza because he remembers the days when we survived week-to-week on his tips!