Menu

Retirement location/home

Sneezyone

Tucson actually ticked a fair amount of your boxes, until you said seasons, lol. I should point out that Tucson and surrounding area are often the retirement choice precisely because the winter is mild and easier to deal with as you age. But apparently the desert summer isn't for everyone, and we have a lot of dual-location residents, and that seems to be the opposite of what you're looking for. 

Going farther afield [yet staying in the wonderful land of Az], you might also consider Flagstaff, which has seasons. idk about diversity and liberal politics, it didn't used to but its grown a ton so you may find it to be acceptable now. Oh, no international airport though, you'd go to Phoenix for that. I guess you wouldn't bee too far from Phoenix pro sports teams. If those are considered pro, lol.  Ironically I'm a Cleveland fan, so if your DH is unhappy with the Cavs and the Indians, I don't know what to say, lol :)

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong (anyone), but it seems Heroin is becoming a more major problem essentially everywhere. I know it is in MD, VA, and PA (more or less around me), and then also in NY where I have several relatives.

It's ridiculously awful in Alaska and nasty in many parts of California too. From what I can see of the action committees of NABP and the opiod task forces, its in every state in increased degree, with some isolated pockets of utter awful crazy.

It's ridiculously awful in Alaska and nasty in many parts of California too. From what I can see of the action committees of NABP and the opiod task forces, its in every state in increased degree, with some isolated pockets of utter awful crazy.

That's what I was thinking based upon the news reports I see now and then.  I couldn't bring myself to "like" your post, but thanks for responding.