Menu

Finding an SAT test center if student has accommodations

saw

If your student has accommodations from the College Board, how difficult was it to find a testing centre that would provide the accommodations? My DS has school-based accommodations (use of laptop), which means that the school is supposed to let him test there. He attends a school that is not a testing centre but apparently it doesn't matter, all they have to do is administer the test individually to DS. School refuses to test him, so I think, from what I gathered from the CB site, I need to find him a testing centre that will agree to test him with accommodations. If your student has done this, how hard was it to find a centre to accommodate? I need to figure out a plan. Thanks.

• Like 1

It was not difficult at all. I signed my son up at our local high school. The accommodations are listed on the ID form that all students have to print out, and the testing center gets that info before hand as well. It's a huge school with hundreds of students testing that day, so he was not the only one needing accommodations. I didn't anticipate it being a problem, and it wasn't--hope you have a similar experience.

If your student has accommodations from the College Board, how difficult was it to find a testing centre that would provide the accommodations? My DS has school-based accommodations (use of laptop), which means that the school is supposed to let him test there. He attends a school that is not a testing centre but apparently it doesn't matter, all they have to do is administer the test individually to DS. School refuses to test him, so I think, from what I gathered from the CB site, I need to find him a testing centre that will agree to test him with accommodations. If your student has done this, how hard was it to find a centre to accommodate? I need to figure out a plan. Thanks.

I am unsure what you mean by the school is supposed to let him test there. While schools are often the location for SAT testing, the test is not administered by the school. The PSAT is, AP Exams are, but the SAT is not.