Menu

Can anyone translate Polish?

Kathryn

I am trying to order my great-grandmother's death certificate from Poland. Thus far, Google translate has done the job, but I got a reply back today that doesn't make sense with Google translate. It tells me that the second paragraph says that the law says they can only give the short form and only after 80 years can they photocopy from the book. Then it says the third paragraph asks if I want the short or full record and the fees for each. So, why are they offering the full record if the law says they can't give it for 80 years (she died in 1972)? Google translate must be failing me. Can anyone tell me what this says?

post-37640-0-56117600-1494423665_thumb.jpg

post-37640-0-56117600-1494423665_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is what I got back. Let me know if you need more clarified.

Full documentation not available for 80 years. She can get a copy of the document. Has to choose the abridged or the full version (short costs 22zl long 33zl). Money goes to the account in the middle. They also need to send an email to the email at the bottom with payment confirmation.

• Like 3

This is what I got back. Let me know if you need more clarified.

Full documentation not available for 80 years. She can get a copy of the document. Has to choose the abridged or the full version (short costs 22zl long 33zl). Money goes to the account in the middle. They also need to send an email to the email at the bottom with payment confirmation.

Thank you. What I don't understand is if there are two different "full" documents? One they're offering now for 33zl and one they can't offer until 80 years after 1972. It appears they're offering to sell me a full document now for 33zl. I don't have to wait 80 years from 1972 for them to send what they're willing to sell me, right?

• Like 1

A distant relative did a lot of research into my Father's side of the family, some years ago, for Genealogy.  I contacted him, this year, to see if he had a new version of what he'd sent to me and he wrote back that he  spent a lot of $ in Poland and ran into a brick wall.     If you can get what you are trying to get, for a reasonable price, do it, but watch out for brick walls.  

• 1 month later...

You are welcome. I tell my kids that someone on the boards will know someone if they need help anywhere in the world. haha

Just wanted to thank you again! I got the certificate and it had both of her parents' names including mom's maiden name which I didn't know.

• Like 4