Menu

Bathroom sink depth

MamaBearTeacher

I was reading that bathroom sinks usually vary between 5 and 8 inches deep.  Our current sink is 6 inches this has worked fine but we need to but a new sink.  The sink that fits and is the best deal by far is 8 inches.  Are there any disadvantages to a deeper sink?  This is for a bathroom used by 3 boys who are mischievous and sometimes like to play with water.  It is a drop-in sink.  I did see another inexpensive sink but it was not a name brand.  It was also ceramic.  Does brand matter for a ceramic drop-in?

I would choose a sink with as wide a diameter as possible.  Small sinks mean constantly cleaning the countertop because the water splashes out, or drips down arms, or whatever.  I love my bathroom sink because it's about 18 inches across.  I never thought about depth before, but I can see that a deeper sink would keep the water in better.  Avoid scalloped (seashell) sinks.  They're a pain to clean, or to even swish to remove toothpaste/whiskers/etc.