Menu

Best software for transcripts, course descriptions, and activities/portfolio

We are winding up 8th grade here and I am in the throes of planning 9th grade and beyond.

I recognize the need for keeping detailed records for transcripts, course descriptions, and activities for portfolio.  My kids are in the arts and will have a lot of art and music related activities we will need to keep careful track of.

What are the best software programs for accomplishing the above?

Also, am I free to throw out all the elementary "stuff" and start fresh?  (we are in a "free" no reporting requirement state - Texas).

Thank you!

bluebonnetgirl

I used Word for everything.  I saved my documents as  pdf's before uploading them to the college applications.  

Good luck!  I am trying to motivate myself to get started on my daughter's documents.  This guidance counselor stuff is my least favorite part of homeschooling high school.

My Homeschool Transcripts.  I've been using it for years as my dd's apply to schools, camps, and academic programs.  It has forms to fill in for course descriptions, grades, standardized test scores, extracurriculars and awards.  It keeps me organized and when my kids get a score for any test, I immediately enter it into the software.  I generates pdfs of transcripts automatically which I love.  

• Like 2