Menu

Accountability Thread: 4/16-4/29

According to the area creeks and rivers, it is summer. People were swimming on Friday. In light of that, I think I have maybe two weeks left of school and then it's time for a two to three week break. It's the sad truth that in my part of the world, May is about the best time for summer. Anything past about June 15th and you might as well bring sauce instead of sunscreen lotion because you will BBQ. So we school in the true summer, because it's hard to tolerate doing anything else.

So--for today: Take care of any planning not done on Friday (mostly printing), get the laundry done (linens), clean up a little bit. Write for a few hours. There's supposed to be an egg hunt this afternoon. I'm not allowed to show up for that with a laptop and a story to write. So, I need to finish as much as I can this morning.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Like 1

Okay--I didn't get everything printed for yesterday, but there wasn't a lot. I did it this morning.

Today's schedule:

French-continue the review lesson

Latin-quiz this morning

Math-Lesson 8

Grammar/Composition-new words for spelling, grammar lesson on phrasal verbs, WWS Week 18, Day 1

For me-French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, some cooking

• Like 3

Good Morning ladies, i'm back!!  No time to post because, my MIL will be coming in today for a few days and I need to finish getting the house ready and I have an appointment.  I missed you guys and am so happy to see you.  Our schedule for today is my appointment, housekeeping, cooking and a run to the store for ingredients, math, Spanish, latin and whatever else I can squeeze in.  I'm also deep in planning mode right now.  How have things been going?

• Like 4

Bright Monday here. It is still a full on part of our Pascha celebration and needed recovery after getting to church at 4am for Pascha yesterday. My kids stayed awake yesterday from when we pulled them out of bed at 3:45am until after the feast and finally fell asleep at 9:15pm. Totally nuts.

We're off school. I'm still pregnant. DH is home now hopefully for two weeks. The only thing school related I am doing in the first half of this week is lesson planning out of kitchen table math and math and magic in wonderland for the summer.

• Like 3

Today's schedule:

French-continue chapter 16, workbook

Latin-new lesson today, DVD, workbook, review grammar/vocab

Math-quiz

Grammar/Composition-spelling practice, testing for verbals in sentences, WWS Day 2

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Writers' Meeting

• Like 3

Good morning.

Today's schedule:

French-continue lesson 16

Latin-continue lesson 13

Math-I thought we had the quiz yesterday, but apparently I was misinformed. So we will have the quiz today.

Grammar/Composition-spelling practice, more on verbals, WWS Day 3

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping. Hair cuts later today.

• Like 2

I evicted a baby! Prodromal labor Monday night into Tuesday morning that started to stop when the kids woke up. Died out by lunch time. Had lunch, a nap and some dinner all labor-free. DH and I tried to go to bed at 11:45, but within 10 minutes the baby shifted I had a huge contraction and my water broke. I made him leap up for a towel and 1h 10 mins later we had a baby. Insanely intense but fortunately over with a super pink and adorable guy (and no tears, yay) :)

• Like 6

Congratulation Cadence Sophia!!!  Post his stats if you are comfortable with us knowing and pictures.  Today we made up a music lesson, spelling, spanish, and cursive handwriting for youngest.  Oldest did his math bridge in LOF Fractions today and he made 100%, granted it was on his second try, but i'm still proud.  He'd done a fair job on his first try just not the 90% for moving on.  He also did his literature reading and latin.  I've been bitten by the rummy bug so i've been playing it with my MIL and on my tablet.  I'm hoping to get some moderation in my life, lol.

• Like 4

Today's schedule:

Art-painting

Math-lesson 11

Grammar/Composition-spelling practice, typing practice

For me: Art, Editing/Writing, Critiques on two excerpts and another beta-chapter. I also need to polish a previously edited chapter for beta-reading. Housekeeping is done, but I really need to cook today. We'll see how far I get before I run out of daylight.

• Like 4

Hi, folks. I am jumping in after a rather long hiatus from the accountability threads. 

CadenceSophia: CONGRATS!!!

Jean: Ugh, taxes. We had to work on ours over Easter weekend. Nothing like taking it out to the bitter end...

mama25angels: Hope you are enjoying your MIL's visit!

Critterfixer: I always admire your diligence to your writing. My DS23 is a sci-fi writer. Over the last two years, I have had the privilege of being one of his beta readers (alpha reader? I am not sure of the difference). He is a full-time college student, so he has to be really disciplined to carve out the time. 

Those of you who have been in this thread a long time might remember that we made an international move in the fall. Things worked out really well for DS16 and he has settled in nicely. This week is a crunch, though. His first AP exam is on the horizon, and he is working on an exhibit for National History Day state competition. He won first place at the county level.  :hurray:

Looking forward to becoming accountable again :)

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 4

OK - I'm mad at dd and myself.  Taxes and ds' college issues were taking up a huge amount of my time up until this week.  So I let the ball drop on watching dd's every move in school.  In most subjects that doesn't matter.  But I just worked on getting biology nailed down.  I haven't graded everything yet but I have gone through to check on assignments that needed to be done and she has just skipped all the labs for the last month.  Totally skipped them.  I should have known this if I were paying attention because I obviously would have seen experiments set up in the kitchen etc. but I wasn't paying attention.  I'm going to "forgive" some of the labs - honestly many of them are busy work - but I'm not going to forgive all of them.  This is a lab science on her transcript and she's going to do labs, darn it.  (She'd been doing all labs up until a month ago.)

• Like 4

Thanks ladies :) he was 8lb 2oz and they said 19" but he was super squished up still and the midwife didn't actually want to straighten his legs. We decided to name him William but can't agree on a middle name yet. (DH wants Shadrach and I am like wth. He says "what do you have against the three youths?" And I'm like.. Nothing.. Except their names.. Lol. He might compromise to Daniel, I like Paul). I haven't gotten enough sleep to try and figure out how to post a picture but maybe in the next couple days :)

• Like 5

Jean so glad you got the grading caught up.

Cadence Sophia, I love Paul too, not that it matters.

We got math, piano practice and a spelling test for youngest. Oldest did his Latin, literature and math. We got the cat in for his shots and had to have him shaved cut to mats in his fur. He's so miserable without his onger hair, Ds is keeping him snuggled up in a blanket. My MIL leaves tomorrow and we'll probably just relax for the weekend.

• Like 2