Menu

Fitness Blender ? Any fans?

teachermom2834

I finally tried Fitness Blender a few months ago and it is my favorite of all the exercise videos I have used over the years. Just wondered if there are any other fans here. So many videos and programs to choose from.

Any users want to chat? I'd like to know what videos others have found to be their favorites (or least favorites) or any other ideas about how to use the videos and programs.

I have a lot of weight to lose and I know that comes back to diet but I do feel stronger and happier when I am getting my morning Fitness Blender workout in.

• Like 3

I love Fitness Blender. I credit it for keeping me consistent for almost two years now. I love the calendar function. I love that I can design my own weeks and that if I ever get bored there are 100+ other videos to choose from.  

Also as mentioned, I do like that they 1) don't yell at me 2) act like real people and 3) are encouraging regarding strength/ability gains. 

I have a patellofemoral tracking issue (fancy name for a patella that does not track correctly) that was not remedied by physical therapy. So I have to modify/replace some exercises (any kind of lunge, and sometimes squats).  So the negative with that is that if a workout is lunge heavy I just won't try it.  I have pretty much been doing the same five workouts per week for long time now (I run on Saturdays which is my day six). I do two days of arms, two days of legs, and one day of cardio (plus the running). It's working well for me. I can't say I have lost weight but I haven't been trying. I definitely have gained muscle mass. I really wish I had done measurements/fitness tests when I started so I could quantify the gains. Definitely do that!  (there is a fitness test on their site--it has to do with how many push ups you can do, how fast you run a mile, etc.). 

• Like 2

Last week I did the 5 day challenge "Strong and Lean". I started it over again this week and I am so much less sore than last week. I work out in the morning before anyone is up. Tomorrow I have to take ds to the doc for an 8am appt and I am really grumpy that I won't get my workout in and I'll mess up my five day challenge. LOL.

I like the "Fit is Better Than Skinny" video too although it is older and has a different feel.

They are just so no nonsense and encouraging without sounding fake. I used to like Jillian Michaels but I think I am too old to let anyone yell at me anymore. Plus, unlike a lot of other videos, Kelli and Daniel are actually doing all the exercises. They aren't just walking around talking. I like that, especially when they have to stop and rest for a moment.

• Like 1

They are just so no nonsense and encouraging without sounding fake. I used to like Jillian Michaels but I think I am too old to let anyone yell at me anymore. Plus, unlike a lot of other videos, Kelli and Daniel are actually doing all the exercises. They aren't just walking around talking. I like that, especially when they have to stop and rest for a moment.

Yes, this. I have Bob Harper and Jillian Micheals' videos and I used to like them but I got tired of the yelling. It used to motivate me. Not anymore. I love how real they are on Fitness Blender. Sometimes Kelli has to stop or she will look like she is going to die just about when I feel the same. I need that.

• Like 1