Menu

Favorite introductory logic books for 5th grade?

We used the Logic Liftoff/Orbitting books and he read Fallacy Dectective on his own for 5th. It's only now that he's 12 and finishing 6th grade that I feel his logic brain is truly kicking in and ready to study logic. My oldest used Namce's introductory logic in 8th and it was great. I could see DS using it in7th.

• Like 1

The Critical Thinking Press books mostly. Mind Benders, Word Benders, etc. We used most of the Benders books. The Red Herring book was fun *if* I had more than one kid ready for them at a time, so we could do it as a group. It flops with just one kid. Logic board games and apps go over well too.

• Like 1

We just did some of the Critical Thinking Company books in 5th grade.  We used Building Thinking Skills and Mindbenders a couple of times a week.  

When dd was in 7th we used Art of Argument which I absolutely loved!  She enjoyed it too.  I stretched it out so we used it over the entire year and just did it 2 days a week.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

How often do you schedule these logic books per week? 3 times per week? Daily?

We only did one day each week for the lift off/orbit series, but usually 2-3 pages of puzzles each time. The Fallacy Detective he read at his leisure (he was the one who asked to read it after seeing it on the shelf).
  • Like 1