Menu

School drama

Moxie

I have refrained from telling my story but I have a friend who is a real sweetie who was distraught when her children's favorite teacher was fired from an elite private school for bringing a dog to school. Yep, that was it. The teacher's husband was in Iraq and she was upset and got a therapy dog but the school board didn't like it and made her leave it at home and told her she would be dismissed if it ever came to school again. When her dh got home from Iraq he came to the school to surprise her for lunch, and not knowing about the ban he brought the dog and they fired her that day. Dumbest thing ever, but that school was known for a controlling nutty board. 

Like most institutions, schools both public and private do dumb things sometimes. I'm sorry about your friend's kids' teacher. You'd think common sense would have prevailed in her unusual circumstance. It's sad it didn't. But her experience is apples and oranges when compared to the situation in the OP.

P.S. I hope the teacher found a much better job quickly! (ETA: Just reread your post and realized the teacher and your friend weren't the same person.)

Edited by Reluctant Homeschooler
  • Like 3